Sunday, January 10, 2016

Today I was going to talk about the gold and sliver teeth, that my brothers and sisters have in their month and where it come from. But I am passing on that today, I want to talk about me being a lesbian and how I have been and still being judge because of my preference. I was watching a video on Facebook the other day and I made a comment, I said I enjoy the message, but my preference have noting to do with me loving my people. Let me elaborate, on that video this young lady was saying "that being gay hurts our people because we can't reproduce and this is what the Caucasian want our people not to do". So this older guy message me and said that I am part of the problem and I ask him how is that? I also ask him to  tell me what are you doing for our people beside being judgmental? Because I am getting my Master's, writing a book, blogging, and starting a business for my people. This older man proceeded to tell me "I am not African American"! Wow, I said, than I had to break that down to him as well.  I said " sir  my ancestor's are from Africa so I am first foremost African and they building this country and that make me an American". But somehow I never received a answer on my questions.

This conversation leaded me to think how we as a people, then any ethic groups are so judgmental! So is it  that we have been judge by the color of our skin and not by our character that we will judge someone quick and ask questions later? Tell me what's the difference from white supremacy and us?

People we need to come together and stop judging each other, because we have a long road upon us!  Yes, I  love my people and will continue to love them! Yes, I am a lesbian !
 



No comments:

Post a Comment